Full-fledged psychological counseling in conditions of unsatisfied basic needs — lack of food, clothing, medicine, safe living conditions — is almost impossible. Understanding this, we provide targeted humanitarian aid to families, as well as to children’s facilities and institutions, which have found themselves in difficult circumstances due to various reasons — hostilities in the east of Ukraine, forest fires, an epidemic, and now a full-scale war between Russia and Ukraine.
It can be a one-time humanitarian aid in a certain territory of Ukraine, purchasing furniture for a boarding school, individual support for a family (evacuation from a dangerous area, buying food, providing a child with a hearing aid or medicine, etc.). It is important that we are always guided by the family’s request instead of providing a standard set of care. After all, each family has its own challenges and needs.
Sometimes a certain need is critical for the family, parents do not know what to do next and are completely confused. Children should not experience this, and we are glad that there are already many stories of help.
How exactly we help:
- buy food, child care products, etc. in active combat areas or where it have taken place;
- help with evacuation and resettlement;
- provide individual assistance to families both in the form of household goods and in cash;
- equip places of compact residence for displaced people and make their life easier;
- look for housing for ward families who have nowhere to return;
- take care of boarding and rehabilitation facilities, meeting their needs in the organization of decent living conditions for children;
- provide consulting services to families on solving various issues and adapting to new living conditions;
- prepare school bomb shelters for the comfortable stay of pupils and employees during air raids;
- provide targeted support to hospitals or individuals, for example: paying for the rehabilitation of children with cerebral palsy, purchasing medicines, hearing aids, etc.